Monday, November 26, 2012

Aspiration. Inspiration.

Here it comes. I confess. Transparency in abundance...

I cry at movies.

Not all movies. I saw the Bond film, Skyfall, and didn't cry. But whether I go to a movie that's been chosen by greater forces (I live with a wife and two teenage daughters, and you're right, they didn't go to Skyfall) or almost any movie with an underlying theme of "love wins in the end," it doesn't seem to matter. My eyes moisten, my nose runs, and sometimes tears stream down my cheeks.

There. I said it. I feel better now.

Switch gears: When my older daughter turned 18 a few days ago, I talked with her briefly about "taking stock." I asked her some big picture questions. Do you have a bucket list? Are there things you see in your future that you can share with me? Those sort of questions.

She wondered why I'd ask.

And that's when the two dots of movie-crying and daughter-raising were connected in my heart.

There is inspiration in aspiration.

What do you aspire to? Let's tight focus on that a bit: What do you aspire to as a human being? As a Christ-follower? As a church member? As a church leader? A worship leader?

The better we communicate what we aspire to, the more we will inspire others to.

And as we do that in worship gatherings, like when many of us go to the movies, some will be moved to tears. Hearts softened. Lives changed.

What a privilege it is to be part of leading worship!


www.worshipcoach.us

No comments:

Post a Comment