Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesdays are for...

Continuing the work-week-rhythm conversation, what did I do on Wednesdays?

First, I'd get to the office later. Most of the time I'd be at church until 9 or 10 on Wednesday nights, so in order to be at my best for an evening with people, I would try to wait until at least 10 am to start my work day.

I also learned to find a time between arriving and starting the evening of activities to leave the building. That helped me be fresh and energized to lead the rehearsals.

Well, I am most comfortable working on things up close, not far away, so my Wednesdays are typically spent getting ready for Wednesday nights. 

Rehearsal plans for whatever rehearsals I had. (depending on the church I was serving that'd be choir, orchestra, praise band, vocal team, etc.)
     Sometimes those rehearsals would involve playing song samples from a CD, something from itunes, or video, so getting those things ready
Room prep for rehearsals
Think about how to do a devotional connected to the music and/or prayer time
Sometimes a handout for the choir, depending on the season
Contact a person or two to invite them or check on them (if they are already part of a group)
Revisit the plan for Sunday and make sure non-musical elements were getting addressed

Your turn. How do you make the most of Wednesdays?

No comments:

Post a Comment