Monday, March 11, 2013

Mondays are for...

I'd like to try this again.  A combination of circumstances meant that I only got the Monday of this series posted. So to remind us, here's the one from a week ago. Tomorrow, creatively enough, will be about Tuesdays. 

So... most of us, I think, develop a work rhythm.

We have things we do as soon as we get in the office, things we do right before we leave, recurring meetings, rehearsals, etc.

I'd imagine we also have things we do each day of the week. My hope is that one weekday is, for you, a Sabbath. More about that later.

But this week I'd like to share a few of the things that were regularly a part of my schedule. I don't do this as much to offer solutions as to begin conversations. This whole idea was prompted when one of my good friends talked about struggling to find his best rhythm in a new ministry setting.

So on Mondays I would typically do these things:
--clean up from Sunday
--informally evaluate how things went the day before
--look over what is needed to make the coming Sunday happen
     (sometimes prompting quite a list)
--spend time with my calendar, determining what needed to happen to make the week happen
--long term planning

How about you? What are the essentials of your Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment