Monday, October 8, 2012

I'd planned to write about an hour ago, but my dog distracted me. His stood next to my chair, paws on the armrest, and stared me down. All 12 pounds of him.

Now really, could I ignore such a precious face?



Obviously I didn't. I put down my computer, called him up into my lap, and spent a few minutes just allowing him to be in my arms.

Now I'm not comparing myself to God, but I am sort of comparing Cooper to me. So hang with me for a minute...

He had been fed, had taken care of business outside, and had already spent some time with me this morning. His needs were met. I'd even given him a treat earlier.

But it wasn't enough. He wanted to be with me.

Not around.

Not below.

Not beside.

With.

And when he jumped into my lap, he was content to be in my presence.

And I loved it.

It makes me think. Do I pursue the presence of God as intently? Am I too busy to simply be with Him?

And as a worship leader it makes me think, too. Is it undeniably evident that the time we spend in worship is time spent with God in His chair? (actually called a throne of grace in Hebrews 4:16) Or are we too busy creating/communicating an agenda that people leave filled with information but empty of time with their Father?

I hope you'll choose to spend time with your Master today.

And if you're a worship designer or leader, I pray you take folks into the presence of God on Sunday.

"...You fill me with joy in your presence..." Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment