Tuesday, October 9, 2012

By ______

How would you fill in that blank?

By God?

By his bootstraps?

By myself?

By faith?

That last one is just ringing in my soul today.

I found out yesterday that the job I really wanted is no longer a possibility. 

Still... by faith.

I had shoulder surgery 10 days ago and can't do much to get our house ready to sell.

Still... by faith.

I went to see a doctor with my 17-year old daughter about a lingering medical issue. (Nothing life-threatening!)

Still... by faith.

I had a conversation with the pastor of a church in another state today. I think I'd really like to serve there. But I'm not at all sure. Yet.

Still... by faith.

That's why the song is so timely, I think. Not one of those things can be "fixed" by effort. But every one of them can be, no--will be--settled by my Father in heaven.

Here's a link to the whole song (By Faith) and here's one to the passage that inspired it (Hebrews 11) but for now, I simply invite you to consider this final stanza:

By faith this mountain shall be moved 
And the power of the gospel shall prevail
For we know in Christ all things are possible
For all who call upon His name

No comments:

Post a Comment