Saturday, September 15, 2012

You WILL Have Trouble

Written with Expo markers on the bathroom mirrors in our home are these words:

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Those were spoken by Jesus and recorded by His best friend, John. (16:33)

I put them on the mirrors because I finished my long-term interim ministry position before God provided the next ministry position, and that's been hard for our family.

But what keeps striking me as I read it is how much of life qualifies.

And the honesty of Jesus: "You will have trouble."

Whether it is Emily and her tennis lesson or Catherine and her time management challenges or Jackie and her--well, I value my marriage a little to much to be specific. :)

Or you.

Take heart! Jesus has overcome the world. 

Makes me think of these words, commonly heard on the airwaves of K-Love these days:

Seated above enthroned in the Father's love
Destined to die poured out for all mankind
God's only Son perfect and spotless One
He never sinned but suffered as if He did

All authority
Every victory is Yours
All authority
Every victory is Yours


Savior worthy of honor and glory
Worthy of all our praise
For You overcame

Jesus awesome in power forever
Awesome and great is Your Name
For You overcame

[and therefore...]


We will overcome
By the blood of the Lamb
And the word of our testimony
Everyone overcome


  • Jon Egan
  • © 2007 Vertical Worship Songs (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing)

No comments:

Post a Comment