Monday, September 24, 2012

Just One Power of Scripture

The Bible is an astounding collection of documents. Though I'd love to share a dozen reasons why, for this post I'll just share one.

It speaks to individuals... well... individually.

Here's what I experienced today.

I sat in a room with 5 other Christ-followers, 4 of whom were pastoral-types. Worship leaders. Ministers of Music. You get the idea.

I read one verse of one song to them from the Bible. Before sharing my thoughts, I asked each of them to simply convey what their souls heard God say from that verse. It wasn't obscure or difficult. It wasn't mysterious. It was, however, God's word.

And from each of these men and women--mature and maturing Christians--came quite different and valid perspectives.

It was beautiful!

And then I talked, too. What I said was noticeably different.

But they said what I shared was beautiful, too.

Amazing.

Psalm 34:5 - "Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame."

When I read that, I think of our focus (Heb 12:2) and of keeping our eyes off circumstances and on Jesus (Matthew 14:22-33) and of leading worship.

So as a worship leader if I can keep my eyes off of circumstances, logistics, and even outside-of-church troubles, then I can look to Jesus.

Even better, if I keep my eyes glued to Jesus, it will pull my attention away from the logistics of worship leading, etc.

And my face will be radiant.

Radiant with the glory of God.

Wow.

Oh, and when I get that right, my face is not covered with shame.

The beauty and truth of God's word to us is just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment