Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Worship Shopping - A New Twist

What if you were the secret shopper for...

...a worship gathering?

What if you had been invited to evaluate a church experience by a friend, like I was a couple of days ago?

What would you measure?

As a first time guest, what would be valuable to you?

Would you be able to put into words what you're looking for, or would you struggle to articulate it?

Having just had that experience, I was strongly reminded of the things that matter to me in a worship gathering. At the core I wanted to encounter God, to hear Truth spoken into me, to sing from my heart.

But what about you? Really? If a friend asked you to stop by his or her church and share a dozen observations about the worship gathering, what would you look for?

If you're a church leader, especially a worship leader, do those you lead know what you'd look for? Seems it might be helpful to everyone if you did.

And if you do... and I'm guessing those of you reading this do, leave a comment. I'm REALLY curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment