Friday, December 7, 2012

If it can be better...

One of my dear friends is the whole reason there is a "Worship Coach" ministry, blog, web site, etc. He is passionate about helping churches do church better. About leaders leading better. As he says, if it can be better, it should be. Dave saw in me something other have alluded to but not necessarily pointed out. He said to me: "You can help churches do worship better. Within driving distance, you could help hundreds and hundreds of churches."

I'm still trying to figure all of that out. But as I do, God is giving me some chances to serve churches. One of those is Horse Cave Baptist Church in western Kentucky. My dear friend, Matthew Bone, is the Worship Pastor there. I spent a day with his folks and here's what he wrote about that experience. 


In recent months my church invited Rod Ellis to be a “secret shopper” and “worship coach.”  In just a few short weeks, our church has received many benefits from our time with Rod.  In a business world, I would say that Rod was “well worth the money.”  

Our weekend began with a meeting with me and my wife, my pastor and his wife, and Rod.  Rod took the time to get to know us personally, our church, and our community.  He then molded his ministry based on what he knew about us.  The results have been astounding.

After promptly receiving an 11 page report from Rod, my pastor and I were able to discuss and evaluate Rod’s suggestions.  Many of Rod’s observations and suggestions were things that we were able to adjust and implement immediately.

Since Rod’s visit, I have a tech team that is passionate about their work and is doing everything possible to make worship great. I also have a choir that is more passionate and better understands their role in leading in worship. 

Perhaps the most significant advantage of Rod’s visit was the personal time that my pastor and I got to spend with him.  Not only was I encouraged but I was able to be coached personally on things that I am going through with my church.  My pastor also has a better understanding for my role in the church.  My pastor’s mindset has been completely changed since our meeting. He is now intentional about everything that goes on in the worship service.  I already had support from him, but since Rod came, I have even more support and encouragement from my pastor.  We are working as a team. 

I would highly recommend any church to make the investment into Rod Ellis as a worship coach.  It has blessed me and my church significantly.

If you think I could serve your church, or the church of a friend, please let me (or them) know.

No comments:

Post a Comment