Friday, February 15, 2019

10 Books Every Worship Pastor Should Read

The cliche rings true in my experience: "Leaders are Readers."

These days reading takes new forms -- kindle, audio books, podcasts, etc. But if you like holding a book in your hands, and you want to lead worship, I think these 10 books will serve you well.

As a disclaimer, there are hundreds of books about worship that I've not read. But there are also a few hundred I have. So your list may be completely different. If so... I'd LOVE to see the ones I've missed in the comments!

Here are my "TOP 10"

  1. Worship Matters by Bob Kauflin
  2. An Hour on Sunday by Nancy Beach
  3. Everybody Always by Bob Goff
  4. An Unstoppable Force by Erwin McManus
  5. Under the Unpredictable Plant by Eugene Peterson
  6. Worship Is a Verb by Robert Webber
  7. Vertical Church by James McDonald
  8. The Heart of the Artist by Rory Noland
  9. Pursuing Christ, Creating Art by Gary Molander
  10. Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster


And if you've read those? These are amazing too:
Orbiting the Giant Hairball by Gordon Mackenzie
Who Stole My Church by Gordon MacDonald
The Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment