Monday, October 1, 2018

Guess Who Is Praying for You?

“I will pray for you.”

Fewer words are sweeter or more life giving. About the only thing I’d rather hear is the actual praying-voice of someone praying for me. Over me.

Get this: Jesus is praying for you. Praying over you. Pleading for you.

Use your holy imagination. See Him standing next to God, talking with His Father? Our Father.

Hear His voice.

Son to Dad. Perfect High Priest to Most High God.

Your Friend, Jesus, talking with the King of the Universe.

Dr Luke relays a story about this with one of Jesus’ closest friends, Simon (Peter):
“Simon, stay on your toes. Satan has tried his best to separate all of you from me, like chaff from wheat. Simon, I’ve prayed for you in particular that you not give in or give out. When you have come through the time of testing, turn to your companions and give them a fresh start.” (Luke 22:31-32, The Message)

Did you see it? “I’ve prayed for you in particular."

Now go ahead, put your name in the blank:

"_______, I’ve prayed for you in particular that you not give in or give out.”

Not sure your name deserves to be there? Hebrews 7:25 may help. It declares that the resurrected Jesus “lives forever to intercede with God” on behalf of those who come to God.

Try it again:

"_______, I’ve prayed for you in particular that you not give in or give out.”

Whenever it feels like you’re about to give in to temptation, remember Jesus has prayed for you to have victory.

Whenever it feels like you can’t go one more day, one more step, remember Jesus has prayed for you to have strength.


Before The Throne Of God Above (click on the title to hear the song)

Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong and perfect plea,
A great High Priest whose name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me;
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart;
I know that while in heav'n He stands,
No tongue can bid me thence depart,
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within;
Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end to all my sin;
Because the sinless Saviour died
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God the Just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me,
To look on Him and pardon me.

Behold Him there, the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness;
The great unchangeable I Am,
The King of glory and of grace;
One with Himself, I cannot die;
My soul is purchased with His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high;
With Christ my Saviour and my God,
With Christ my Saviour and my God.

Charitie Lees Bancroft | Vikki Cook | © 1997 Sovereign Grace Worship (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing (Integrity Music [DC Cook]))

No comments:

Post a Comment